Math The Band - Get Real




Well hello there waveriders!  Today I would like to share with you something extraordinarily joyful.  I stumbled across this album while listening to a series of "artist recommended" punk rock groups on Bandcamp, and when I heard this music my face honestly struggled to contain my smile.  Ladies and gentlemen, I gleefully present to you Get Real by Math The Band!

So what gives you ask?  Synthesizer punk, that's what.  Yes indeed!  Math The Band is made up of Kevin Steinhauser and Justine Mainville.  On this record Kevin handles programming, synthesizers, and guitar.  Justine plays synthesizers.  Both band members are responsible for the perfectly frantic vocals.  You might notice that I didn't mention drums.  That's because with the exception of the vocals and guitar work everything else on this record is electronic.

Would you like to know something else besides actual drums that can't be found on Get Real?  A ballad.  From start to finish these sixteen songs flash past your eardrums at an incredible rate of speed.  Frankly, this is the type of punk record that I have been looking for lately.  Math The Band present a collection of unrelentingly catchy songs which generate enough energy inside the listener to rival a fission reactor! 

Waveriders if you crave up-tempo punk rock that also hearkens back to your cherished memories of 8-bit video game soundtracks than you have officially hit the jackpot!  Get Real by Math The Band is a ridiculously entertaining album that needs to be heard.  Enjoy!

-Penfold

Comments